‘A NATURAL STYLE OF KICKING AND PUNTING’®
Emphasizing ‘A Natural Style of Kicking and Punting®’, Coach Zauner’s teaching philosophy facilitates an environment where kicking specialists develop the skills, technique, and confidence to achieve their maximum physical and mental potential. At an amateur and professional level, Coach Zauner, LLC programs and events provide a kicker, punter or snapper ‘A Specialist’s Path to PRO Football®'.
Coach Zauner was a very successful NFL and College Kicking Consultant prior to coaching Special Teams for 13 Years in the NFL with the Minnesota Vikings, Baltimore Ravens and Arizona Cardinals.
Coach Zauner has coached kicking specialist's for over 35 years in the NFL, college and high school. Throughout Coach Zauner's career he has coached and worked with 20 PRO Bowl kickers.
During 13 years as an NFL Special Teams Coach, Coach Zauner produced such results as:
1995 Minnesota Vikings Fuad Reveiz 31 Consecutive Field Goals
1998 Minnesota Vikings Gary Anderson 40 Consecutive FG’s & A Perfect Season
1998 Minnesota Vikings Mitch Berger Record 40 Kickoff Touchbacks in a Season
2001 Minnesota Vikings Mitch Berger Lead NFC in Punting (Pro Bowl)
02-05 Baltimore Ravens Matt Stover FG Percentage 4 Years: 113 of 129 = 87.4%
Coach Zauner’s credits also include being a punter and placekicker at the professional level; a speaker at many clinics throughout the country; a clinician at summer kicking camps; and a football kicking coach at all levels of football.
Coach Zauner has a Bachelors Degree with a double major in Health and Physical Education and a Masters Degree in Physical Education from the University of Wisconsin La Crosse.
During 11 years as a college football kicking coach, Coach Zauner:
- Coached nine All-Conference kickers and punters from 1979 to 1991.
- Coached the nation's leading punter in 1979, Clay Brown, at BYU, with a 45.3 yard average.
- Coached the nation's leading kickoff return team in 1979, at BYU, with a 26.3 yard average.
- Coached nation's leading punt return man, Jim Sandusky, at SDSU, 19.0 yard punt return average & a team average of 17.0 yards per return in 1983.
- Coached Chris O'Brien at San Diego State, who set a Western Athletic Conference record of 25 consecutive field goals in the 1984 and 1985 seasons.
- Coached teams that blocked 38 punts and field goals.
Coached teams that scored 12 touchdowns on punt and kickoff returns and blocked kicks.
- San Diego State Coverage Teams never allowed a touchdown to be scored against them. The longest kickoff return in those five years was 42 yards.
Coach Zauner is considered by many to be one of the top football kicking coaches in the country.
From 1992 to 1994, he was a professional Special Teams and Kicking Coach Consultant. As ahe provided personalized kicking instruction and training for many of the NFL, college and high school punters and kickers. Coach Zauner also consulted many of NFL and colleges on special teams.
As a football kicking coach, Coach Zauner was also a full-time Special Teams Coach for 11 years at four different colleges: Brigham Young University, San Diego State University, University of Mexico and Long Beach State under the late Legendary Hall of Fame Coach George Allen.
In January of 1994, Coach Zauner was named Special Teams Coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings. In his first year with the Vikings, Fuad Reveiz made 28 straight field goals and tied for the NFL lead. Reveiz also finished second in the league in scoring and earned his first trip to the '94 Pro Bowl.